Extra Life 2014
Donate and tell me what games to play!
We are just days away from the big event. For the kids!!
I <3 William Shatner on Twitter
I love how they respond to him, as if he is actually a captain, even more.
Nasa confirmed for huge fucking nerds
This is awesome and priceless and people that work on space stuff are the best people of all time.
Honestly this just about brings me to tears.
Roddenberry, Shatner, Nimoy, Nichols and all the rest of the original Star Trek cast and crew had no small role in making the moon landing as important as it was. A few years before they set that lunar module down, this little TV show came along and fanned the dream into wildfire with an image of what humanity in space could actually look like—not only peaceful on our own world, endlessly curious, and prosperous enough to pursue it, but an active force for good in the greater universe. Carrying not what’s most toxic about us, but what’s best about us out to the stars.
Everybody who has worked at NASA or any other space agency for the past 50 years is waiting for the day when that unmanned probe doing a flyby on a comet can be controlled from the bridge of a space-faring vessel. When we’re not just looking at that comet through a color-coded sonar map, but we can look out a porthole and see it tumbling by with our own eyes. When as a species we can finally outgrow hate and fear and violence, and turn our faces with joy toward all the beauties and wonders that lie waiting to be discovered.
And every time he does this, Shatner is reminding them of what that hope feels like.
I HAD A FEELING THIS PERIOD WOULD BE HELL
Guardians of the Galactica: A Story From The Mary Sue IRC
- Victoria: oh hey did i ever tell you guys
- Victoria: while i was on the floor [at NYCC] i saw a star-lord and a starbuck making out
- Victoria: it was adorable
- Susana: HAHAHAHA
- Susana: oh man
- Susana: that star ship is rocking
- Susana: don't come a knocking
- Sam: omgggggggg
- Susana: Lee Apollo just standing at the airlock with Groot
- Sam: LOL
- Susana: looking sad
- Victoria: hahahahaha
- Susana: Gamora talking with Dee about hair and forgetting about the shitty men in your life
- Victoria: nebula and number six exchanging tactics
- Sam: rocket making baltar very uncomfortable
- Susana: Star Lord puts on his mix tape
- Susana: All Along the Watch Tower starts playing
- Susana: Starbuck freaks the fuck out
- Victoria: can we put this conversation on tumblr